You can be saved!
Steps to salvation and eternal life. Donít reject salvation, but turn to Jesus and let yourself be saved!
Have you ever thought about eternal life? Have you realized that you can go to Heaven and not to Hell? Have you realized that you can have a perfect and wonderful life in Heaven with God, without sorrow or pain, and that all of this can be received as a gift? If you have not given this much thought, it is worth your while to think about it now in the light of the next verses. They show the reality of this new life and the way you can receive it. They describe how all things will be made new and we can freely drink from the fountain of the water of life. The only condition is that we want it and are thirsty:
- (Rev 21:3-6) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said to me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said to me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to him that is thirsty of the fountain of the water of life freely.
No one can
- (Matt 16:25) For whoever will save his life shall lose it: and whoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
- (Luke 14:33) So likewise, whoever he be of you that forsakes not all that he has, he cannot be my disciple.
- (Luke 16:13) No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
How can you receive eternal life? If you are already personally in that position that you want to turn to God and to give up your sins, the next verses are for you. They concern how a man who has been apart from God, can receive His love and eternal life. It is quite simple. Consider the following:
You will be welcomed. Firstly, it is important to understand that if you turn to God, He will welcome you. The account of the Prodigal Son in the Gospel of Luke clearly teaches that when the son turned to his father, he immediately received mercy. His sins, even though he had lived deep in them, did not prevent him from receiving his fatherís approval. The moment he came to his father, he was accepted. The same is still true when you turn to God. He will immediately welcome you:
- (Luke 15:18-20) I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before you,
19 And am no more worthy to be called your son: make me as one of your hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
Life in Jesus Christ. The second important point to understand is that a way has already been made to eternal life through Jesus Christ. The Bible indicates that Jesus has already bridged the gap between God and man; He paid the full price for our sins by His own blood and has become our Mediator (Heb. 8:6). The forgiveness of sins and eternal life can only be received through Him. We do not need to earn forgiveness and eternal life, we can have these as a gift through Jesus. Therefore, turn to Jesus and you will receive forgiveness and eternal life because He is the only way to the Father and to the heavenly kingdom:
- (John 14:1-6) Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Fatherís house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.
5 Thomas said to him, Lord, we know not where you go; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me.
- (John 10:9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
- (John 5:40) And you will not come to me, that you might have life.
- (Acts 13:38) Be it known to you therefore, men and brothers, that through this man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins:
- (Acts 4:11-12) This is the stone which was set at nothing of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Receiving. The third thing is simple: receiving. Since eternal life can be received as a gift through the Son of God, Jesus, we must receive Him into our lives (You can simply say, "Lord Jesus, come into my life!Ē). According to the Bible, He already stands behind the door of our heart, waiting to step into our life:
- () Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
If you have done this, according to the Scriptures God has adopted you and given you the gift of eternal life. You have this despite the way you feel at this moment. Do not base your assurance of salvation on your ever-changing emotions, but rest in the word of the Bible and on Jesus Christ, just like the anchor of a ship is never thrown inside the ship but always outside.
- (John 1:12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
- (1 John 5:11-13) And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has not life.
13 These things have I written to you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God.
THE PRAYER OF SALVATION. Lord, Jesus, I turn to You. I confess that I have sinned against You and I have not lived according to Your will. However, I want to turn from my sins and follow You with all my heart. I also believe that my sins have been forgiven by Your atonement work and I have received eternal life through You. I thank You for the salvation You have given me. Amen.
Heaven or hell? To which place are you going?
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life
Grap to eternal life!
Heaven or hell? To which place are you going?